3/7/14

Break Some Rules.

scarf: H&M   sweater: Old   jeans: Forever21   boots: Macy's    purse: Olivia + Joy via Marshalls
bracelet: ILY Couture   watch: Michael Kors 

Okay so I only feel like I'm breaking rule by wearing white pants, but really we all know that I don't think we should listen to the 'rules' out there anyways. My Friday advice is wear white jeans this weekend and let me know how it goes, I feel a heck of a lot more springy and less dreary when I do. Which reminds me, who in the midwest (or maybe just Illinois ) is SUPER de duper pumped for the high 30's and 40 degree temps on our way?? I mean seriously, I'm already wondering what flip flops I will wear and driving with the windows rolled down. Bring it on. 


A big shout-out to the people who complimented my purse above that was in Wednesday's post also. This is my new child, and it made my heart happy to see others thinking she is a beauty too. If you aren't shopping at Marshalls for your purses, what are you doing in life? This Olivia + Joy bag was marked waaay lower than retail price so holla holla get dolla. I was trying to hold out until spring to whip her out, but the snow this past weekend made me so angry I decided to rebel and start using it. What should I name her? Totally normal, I know. 

Y'all should head over and meet Alana at Hey Sassy Girl right this second, but before you do read our Q&A sesh where I bombarded her with some questions. 


What's your life story in three words: 
clothes, travel, and food. No, but seriously. I moved away when I was 14 with plans to attend college in the states and have lived in Oregon ever since. High school graduation is approaching soon (thank the heavens!) and I have plans to attend college in the fall. I'm not sure where I'll go yet, but wherever that is, I can guarantee you it will be in a big city. There's more places to shop there! And places to eat too!

Where do you shop the most at?
My number one place to shop in has to be Forever 21. They have such cute clothes at such good prices. Still, I like to explore a lot with clothes and try to go to different, not-so-my-style, places sometimes. I also like to shop at Nordstrom's, American Eagle, and Coach. 

What's your favorite post you've written?
I love almost all of my posts, so this is a hard question. But I'm going to choose my most recent favorite, which would definitely have to the one about my trip to Seattle a couple of weekends ago. I went there to visit UW and stayed for a bit to explore the city. It was super fun!

What's your dream job?
When I was little, I always dreamed of becoming a doctor and helping out lots of people. Yet as I grew older, I started to fall more and more in love with writing. Of course, that's one of the many reasons why I started a blog, and now I've thought hard about pursuing a career in journalism. My ideal career would definitely be becoming the editor of a top notch magazine, but we'll just have to see where I go from here. 

What's the best piece of advice you've been given? 
The best piece of advice anyone has ever given me has been my one of my many aunts. She's always told me to "live the life that makes me happy, and not everyone else." Throughout my senior year of high school, her words have been more important than anything as I keep trying to find exactly what it is that makes me happy and what I hope to accomplish in the future. 


Find Alana on BlogLovin | Instagram | Tumblr


        post signature 
  Image Map

10 comments:

  1. I live in the Midwest too, and I'm so glad it reached 45 today! Yay!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this combination of camel, white and leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leopard print scarf! So cute!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rebel :) I Love it all though--and that bag is the cutest baby I have ever seen!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Kansas and I practically am jumping for joy because it's going to be over 50 today! Break out all of the spring things, ever right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sweater! I think white jeans are great anytime of year!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wanna know the name that first came to mind? Delilah. HOW RANDOM IS THAT? I don't like it, but that's what came to mind.

    xoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw you on the Fashion Item Friday link-up :) I'm pretty sure I've visited your blog a few times before but can I just say you are beautiful!! And I love Renae too! So..

    Jessi
    http://www.haircutandgeneralattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO MUCH YES HI. I'm ready for white jeans I was actually going to wear them today but chose black as a better option... obv.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder I adore you...you're a fellow midwest Illinois girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from everyone and try to respond to each of you, they always make my day..so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...